Tuesday, January 26, 2010

LIFE IN THE SLOW LANE

Tomorrow I am detouring away from the Slow Lane to, A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE.

With the success of the movie, Julia and Julie, cookbooks and cooking have taken on a new life. I'm going to join the parade with a new blog. Not about baking, frying, steaming and roasting - about remembering.

And to keep my writing to the fore front, here is the cover of my time travel romance, Ring Around The Moon. My hero travels from two hundred years ago to the present time in Cornwall. When he meets my heroine and they fall in love, she
has to figure out who to find documentation for him. He has no passport, driver's licence, a health card or all the other necessary pieces of paper to live legally in present day England.

He doesn't have a twenty-first century identity. As the author I had to think through how to make my hero legal. I wakened in the night and the answer came to me. Writing is a creative endeavour involving both sides of the brain. The right side came up with the answer. For an excerpt go to my web site:
www.anitabirt.com

Thanks for dropping by. Make my day. Leave a comment.

Anita

2 comments:

Laurann Dohner said...

I can't wait to read your new blog and that's a great cover!

Anita Birt said...

Thanks Laurann. My new blog will keep me on my toes, for sure. Yes, the cover of my book is enchanting and rather sexy!