Thursday, January 28, 2010

A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE - with recipes

My niece, Allison, sent me this recipe. It's one of her mother's recipes. Allison is Helen Edna's daughter. The recipe dates back to the 1970's. Thanks for sending it Allison.

Easy Apricot Chews

½ cup of finely cut up dried apricots
½ cup raisins
1/3 cup of water

1) in a large heavy pot simmer the above ingredients until the water is absorbed
2) add 1 cup of white sugar
3) slightly beat 2 eggs and add
4) mix 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp. of baking powder + ¼ tsp. of baking soda and add
5) add 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
6) add ½ cup of crushed pineapple
7) add ½ cup of chopped nuts ( optional – I didn’t use this time but pecans or walnuts work well)

Mix all together in the pot. Have a 9 x 9 prepared pan ready for the mixture.
Bake at 350 f for 35/40 minutes.

This is a really easy recipe except for chopping the apricots but watch the top of the pan in the last 5 minutes or so as they are suddenly done very quickly and you don’t want the top to brown too much.

Note: To my readers. The recipes are not copyrighted but my blog is. Please copy the recipes and enjoy them. There are more on the way.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

2 comments:

Theatre Passe Muraille said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You should talk about communist chicken! Its a total "Grams" receipe and has an interesting story behind it.

I love you grams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita Birt said...

Thanks for reminding me about "Communist Chicken," I'll add it later on to my blog. I do want recipes from around the world but they are not trickling in.