Friday, January 22, 2010

LIFE IN THE SLOW LANE

Life in the slow lane seems to be winding down and falling off my blog. It's the weather here in Victoria. Mild sunny days. The sea and sky are ever changing. Views of the Olympic Mountains on the other side of the strait are gorgeous. People are walking on the path by the sea with their dogs, children, friends and keeping an eye on an elderly relatives pushing their walkers.

It's enough to take my breath away and lure me away from my writing. That's my excuse.

In the meantime I continue to write my memories. I don't call them "Memoirs." To me, that means a more structured and chronological precise type of writing. Mine slips into a rather gossipy mode at times - but what the hell, I'm writing them and can do anything I like. My Memories are going to my immediate family. I am the last living member of my family whose memories go back to the thirties.

However, I also want to remind anyone who clicks on to my blog deliberately or in error, if you enjoy a rather mysterious contemporary romance, try my book, Isabelle's Diary. It takes place in and around Llandrindod Wells in Wales and Toronto. If Isabelle's Diary intrigues you, buy the sequel. It's the story of the girl who wrote the diary. It's easy to remember the name, Isabelle's Story.
Here are the covers of both books. Both have received excellent reviews. Go on over to my web site, www.anitabirt.com for excerpts and reviews.
Thanks for dropping by.

Anita

No comments: