Wednesday, March 26, 2014

ANITA BIRT - WEAVER OF TALES

I am losing my grip on reality trying to down load my mystery novel to Smashwords.Inc.

Just one damned thing after another and I'm about ready to pitch in the towel and go to Amazon.com with my handsome book cover and let them have my manuscript to do with what they will.

That's my miserable rant for to-day. After playing Duplicate Bridge yesterday evening I watched the news at nine o'clock. Suddenly rain is bashing against my front window. I get up to look out. There's a roaring gale blowing. More winter type storm than spring. I wake up this morning and all is calm and peaceful. Where did such a sudden storm come from? We are having weird weather.

But my family living in the Toronto area are having much much worse. Warm spring temperatures have not arrived, instead it's -13 at night!  I wonder if the Arctic ice is freezing? Or is the cold sitting on southern Canada and the northern United States?

Oops.I am supposed to be concentrating on AGING in my blog to lure interested thinkers. As I mentioned earlier, life is a terminal illness. Forget calling living an illness. Life terminates whether we like it or not. The best we can do is the "best we can do." Exercise if  you can. Laugh as often as you can. Smile at strangers. Some will smile back. Others might not. Too bad for them. A smile is like a loving pat on the back. Read a lot if you like to and your eyes are up to the task.

I read three newspapers a day - skim bits and pieces, of course. But the news is so bad. The mud slide in Washington State is a horror story and it's not over yet. I feel for the men and women digging through the mud and debris.

Then there's the missing plane and the search for it in the Indian Ocean. And the Russians playing hard ball in the Crimea and so on and so on.

My son just phoned. He calls every day. Such a lovely man. All the men in my family are loving. So on that happy note I shall go somewhere.

Remember to buy my books. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN.  ISABELLE'S DIARY.  ISABELLE'S STORY.  RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

Go to my website to read reviews. www.anitabirt.com

Anita


No comments: