Sunday, March 30, 2014

ANITA BIRT - WEAVER OF TALES

Seems a long time since I last blogged. I wanted to find people interested in the topic of aging. It happens to all of us, kings, queens. dukes and duchesses. You can let a few wrinkles bother you or make more by laughing at yourself. We do have choices. We can be sad or happy. Depressed or  optimistic. It's about dealing with life and how to live it.

Comments. Please.

Depressing article in The times Colonist, our Vancouver Island Newspaper. "SENIORS' HIDDEN DISEASE: DEPRESSION." Suicide among older men is not uncommon. Loneliness is a big issue. "Get out more." Easier said than done if you're basically a shy person who finds it hard to make friends or to mix in a group at a retirement residence. So much depends on your basic personality. And there may be financial difficulties and no way of earning extra money.

We hear so much about thinking ahead to retirement and making sure you'll have enough money to live comfortably. May not luxuriously but comfy.

Because I'm basically an optimistic person I find it difficult to get into the mind of someone how sees black when I see white or red or blue. I had lunch recently with an acquaintance who told me she was depressed, had been since her husband died two years ago. Our lives are never perfect. Loved ones die. How to get over the loss? Make a decision to do so.

Recovering from a devastating loss, the death of a child, for instance, isn't easy, but has to be done or stay stuck in the grief. And what is the point of that? Someone please tell me.

Enough of that. Sort it out and send a comment. Is there one single living soul out there who might come across my blog and comment, good or bad.

Could not walk this morning, strong wind and white caps on the sea . It's after two o'clock and I've lost the desire to put on my walking shoes, put on my coat and cap, grab my walking stick and take off. I walked the halls of the building where I live, that has to do for Sunday, March 30, 2014.

Buy my books.  A VERY DIFFICULT MAN.  ISABELLE'S DIARY.  ISABELLE'S STORY.  RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE. Every story is different. Enjoy

Ania
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: