Wednesday, May 5, 2010

MY MEMORY PROJECT copyright Anitabirt@2010

I changed the name of my blog to My Memory Project. I hope You will join me and start writing your memories as a gift to your families. I am the last surviving member of my family. My memories go back to 1928 when I was five years old.

Because I am a writer with five published romance novels and a non-fiction book I am comfortable sitting down at my computer and rattling on about whatever interests me. Some are memories, others are current events that catch my eye. I live in a retirement community and interact with women and men in their eighties and nineties. Some are more interesting than others. One or two have become close friends.

Age does not weary us. We enjoy being alive even when the weather is unpleasant as it has been for weeks. I live by the sea and refuse to walk in gale force winds that might blow me straight into the icy water.

What has this to do with writing my memories? It keeps my brain busy. I continue writing my memories. For instance, I am writing the story of the story of The Steamer Trunk that travelled with my family to the island of St. Vincent in 1929. How did it become a beloved coffee table in the new condo purchased by my granddaughter and her fiance in 2010?

I amuse myself writing about an Egg. Not an ordinary egg. My egg resembles Humpty Dumpty but he dislikes being compared to that character. He is a detective who solves crimes that take place in commercial kitchen. I also have manuscripts to revise.

What makes us want to get out of bed in the morning? I shall leave someone to answer that question. Thanks for checking in on my Memory Project.

Anita Birt
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: