Monday, May 3, 2010

REMEBERING AND FORGETTING

As I noted on my last blog, Remembering and Forgetting go together like a horse and carriage but who remembers horses and carriages? If you do, you are older than I am and I'd love to have your comments.

When out walking with my husband he always walked on the side closest to the road. That harks back to an earlier time when dangers from runaway horses was a possibility. I thought it was a charming habit although any danger of horses running free had long past.

To return to the underlying theme of my blog. It's about aging. Getting old. How to get from Day One to now and how to make the most of our days.

What makes you get out of bed in the morning? How do you fill your days? Writing my memories for my family has stirred up my brain. I think of it as a pudding where a lot of good stuff has sunk to the bottom, like raisins in a rice pudding. I'm amazed at the memories that suddenly float to the surface. It's like finding lost treasure to share with my family. The memories give me so much pleasure. The sad ones take me back to the time when my brother was very ill and died, aged nine. I want to remember him.

We older folk are urged to say active, to eat healthy food, to take classes to stimulate our brains and on it goes. Relax when you can but not for long.

Start young getting ready to age. There's no escape so you might as well enjoy the journey. If any of you aging folk care to comment, I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment. In meantime please check my web site to read about my other life as a romance author. I have several writing project on the go. They keep me busy.

Anita Birt
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: