Wednesday, May 19, 2010

MY MEMORY PROJECT

This blog is about aging and how to get the most out of life when you hit those declining years and the old body ain't what it used to be. If your brain is still functioning you'll figure out how to get the most out of your body.

How to keep your brain in tip top shape? I've touched on it previously. Learn something new. Take a course in anything, flower arranging, model boat building, astronomy or pick up a book of poetry or a romance novel (I write them!) and let the words take you away or walk outside and listen to the birds. Any kind of learning keeps the brain ticking away.

How many of you read comics in the newspapers? I am an addict. I admit it. I smile at the nonsense in Pearls Before Swine or the pirates in Overboard or the family in For Better Or Worse.

If you read a daily newspaper which part do you turn to first? Sports? I check how the Blue Jays are doing and then turn to the editorial page to read Letters to the Editor. It's amazing the interesting tidbits I pick up from letters. I read the lead editorial and turn to the Op Ed page to read opinion pieces. Because I get three newspapers each day, I get a variety of opinions.

One of my great character flaws, I cannot do crossword puzzles. My husband was a whiz but I find them daunting. I know they are good for the brain but not for me. Before I forget, laughter and laughing are good for your brain. A laugh a day keeps the doctor away.

Lots of bits and pieces for you to comment on should you care to. Check out my web site: www.anitabirt.com for information about my books. I'd love to hear from you.

Anita Birt

No comments: