Monday, May 24, 2010

MY MEMORY PROJECT

How many of you have discovered the joy in watching a baby eagle grow? Only one of the two eggs hatched. You can find the eagles at: www.Hornbyislandeagles.com or follow the eagle story on Facebook.

Change of pace from eagles to you and me.
Taking charge of your life. Easier said than done but if you value your health and want to live a healthy and long life, the time to start is now. I found a splendid article in a magazine called, VIGOUR, a production of the BC Cancer Foundation.

Ready...Set...Get Motivated.

Each night I'll post something from the magazine. "Instead of thinking. "I want to exercise more," MAKE A DECISION that you will exercise for 30 minutes a day. Try something like this. Create a chart and post it on your refrigerator listing the days of the week and all the things you want to do each day. Simple things like, drinking more water, exercising and eating healthy foods.

Set your own pace and DO IT. If 30 minutes a day is difficult for you, break it down into small segments. Walk for ten minutes. Take a break and do something else. Walk around the house or apartment for ten minutes. That's 20 minutes. Next day add another few minutes and soon you'll find it's easy to exercise 30 minutes a day.

I love walking. I am blessed. I live by the sea and there's a well maintained path overlooking the sea. It's been marked in 500 metre and 1000 metre segments so I know how far I've walked and how long it has taken me.

Another change of pace. I shall now shamelessly promote one of my books, Too Young To Die, a romantic suspense thriller. There's the cover. To read an excerpt please go to my web site, www.anitabirt.com. My books are e-published. If you have an e-reader you can purchase any or all of my books and downloaded them directly to your reader.

Leave a comment if you feel so inclined or drop me a line at: anita.birt@gmail.com

No comments: