Monday, May 10, 2010

MY MEMORY PROJECT

I'm creating this blog because it's an exercise for my brain. Perhaps you will join me. Correction on yesterday's blog. The Making of the King James Bible is called God's Secretaries.

My "reading in bed" books are usually light in content and light in physical weight. I am reading Reginald Hill's latest Dalziel and Pascoe Mystery It's called A Cure For All Diseases. I laughed out loud a couple of times and then sleep overtook me

My "sitting up in a chair"reading is Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I have barely started it and am already hooked. I had to finish two other books before I could attend to Wolf Hall.

Have you got favourite books you return to now and again to enjoy a pleasant read and rest your brain?

I wrote about testing yourand my ability to memorize a few lines of poetry. A.A. Milne poems I read to my children many, may years ago still surface now and again. Some Shakespeare comes back to me. I shall tempt fate and see what I can remember without checking.

For instance from Now We are Six by A.A Milne.

Of all the knights in Appeldore,
The wisest was Sir Thomas Tom.
He could multiply by four.
He knew what nine was taken from to make eleven.
He could write a letter to another knight.

I love that poem. There are many verses but I can't remember them all. The poem is so funny. Children and adults can both enjoy the humour.

Have you favourites? You'll notice my Canadian spelling. I live by the sea on the west coast of Canada.

Leave a comment if you are so inclined or drop me a line at: anita.birt@gmail.com

Anita Birt
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: