Sunday, July 8, 2012

Anita Birt's Note book

I have been out of service for over a week after my computer crashed. I had technicians in to find the problem. Seems there was an obscure bit of software that had  been corrupted and caused the problem.

I have heard from my publisher to-day that my murder/mystery TOO YOUNG TO DIE is now available in print as well as in e-pub format. You can order my book directly from my publisher at www.ellora's cave.com or at Amazon.com (in Canada, Amazon.ca) Baker and Taylor, LS1/ingrams, and Barnes and Noble.


We are finally getting summer weather here on Vancouver Island after a miserable cold, rainy spring. There is always a bit of a chilly wind blowing because we are by the sea. We don';t get that awful sticky hot weather covering parts of the United States. I hope that soon gives way to clement weather.

About writing. I have finished my memoir, ON BEING SIX and it's ready to go to my family. If you'd like to read it, send me a comment at the end of this note. It all happened in 1929, a life time ago, but still fresh in my memory.

Life goes on apace. I am still mulling through a ghost story that takes place in a senior's residence. I shall keep my creative juices flowing and suddenly the first page will appear to start my book. A first line will also do the trick. I started one of my romance novels with these words: "Of course you will consent to marry me."
I am sitting on that book waiting until feel ready to do more editing. Various health problems have slowed me down.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: