Saturday, July 14, 2012

Anita Birt's Note Book

I have ordered paperback copies of "Darkest Before Dawn," about the sinking of the Empire Heritage by a German U-boat off the coast of northern Ireland. This was the convoy on which I sailed. My small ship, The Ariguani, was rocked by the huge explosion when the torpedo struck the Empire Heritage. I was lifted up off my bunk and quickly threw on my warm clothes and grabbed my life jacket. I told my story and called it Atlantic Crossing.

 Reading about the sinking of the Empire Heritage gave me the shivers. While I was sleeping peacefully in my bunk, a torpedo was snaking its way through the north Atlantic to take down the big ship. Too close for comfort but the U-boat was looking for a big ship and The Ariguani was small and escaped destruction.

All this happened in September 1944 and I remember it clearly. I have an excellent memory and  have written a short memoir, ON BEING SIX, when my family stayed on the island of St.Vincent in the Caribbean where my brother and I had wonderful adventures.

I have three of my books available in trade paperback. My historical romance, A Very Difficult Man, a time travel, Ring Around The Moon and a romantic suspense, Too Young to Die. All five of my romance novels are e-published. All have had excellent reviews. Treat yourself to an entertaining read and buy one or two.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: