Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Anita Birt's Note Book

John Petersons's book, Darkest Before Dawn is a first class read for any of you interested in the battle of the Atlantic in the second world war. He focuses his story on the deadly threat of the U-boats launched by the Germans.The U-boats created devastation on the convoys crossing the Atlantic and lay in wait until their next victims came along

On September 8, 1944 the u-boat lay quietly beneath the convoy. During the night, the captain raised the periscope and decided to attack the Empire Heritage, a very large ship lying low in the water. I am reading the book on my Kindle and have to force myself to put it down and get to bed at a decent time!

I was there and lived to tell the tale. After the attacks on the Empire Heritage and the rescue ship, Pinto, the convoy was ordered to continue on its prescribed course; two other ships had been ordered to return to the devastation to pick up survivors.

To add a note of cheer to this blog; if you enjoy a solid romantic suspense novel. buy my book, TOO YOUNG TO DIE. I guarantee you will find it a real page turner. It's available as an e-book and in trade paperback.

I have started writing a new book, totally different from anything I have ever done before. I shall say no more until I am sure the story works - perhaps I shall keep it to myself until I finish writing the last page! At that point I shall need an agent or a thoughtful editor. That's for the future.

In the meantime what are you reading?


Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: