Sunday, March 17, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book on AGING

In my own aging process I have developed some arthritis in my fingers. So many simple actions are now troublesome. I have necklaces with the kind of clasp where one finger keeps one part open and the other hand holds the part that is supposed to slide into the opening.

Ah, there's the problem. The clasp is behind my neck, as I lift the two pieces behind my head, the clasp shuts down! So, I try again. And again and sometimes I can make it work. Years ago my husband gave me a Lalique crystal heart on a gold chain. Mostly I can get the clasps to work but the other day I had to give up. Made me feel sad. I love that heart.

To-day there were advertisements in the local Sunday newspaper describing  how to be more beautiful. "A clear and brilliant idea. Put a stop to early signs of aging." It involves a laser treatment among other things. My question. When does a woman note those early signs? How much does it cost? How long will the treatment last? Comment please at the end of this blog.


Another ad shows a woman before and after a treatment. She is smiling a little in the second photo. Of course she looks better her lips are slightly curved in a smile.  All kinds of treatments are involved. Botox. Resurfacing, whatever that means. Hormone replacement.

Then adding  joy to my Sunday reading the doctor who writes a humorous weekly column chooses hemorrhoids as his subject. I shall leave that since it has nothing to do with changing my face with various treatments and potions. Although the pain of hemorrhoids might add a wrinkle or two. Praise the Lord, I don't have that problem

To return to my subject. The wrinkles are etched on my face. My life is written there for all to see. The best I can do, and possibly you, dear reader, is to exercise and keep your brain ticking over.

I am writing a mystery and that is a challenge!

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: