Thursday, March 7, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

To be or not to be. That is my question. No one reads my blog. Either I shut the damned thing down or start writing about getting old and what that's like. I can tell you one thing, I tire more quickly than I used to. How old is old?

So what else is new? In the Drama class I attend we've been doing a lot of "improv" that is lots of fun. Next class we are to bring in a poem to read and dramatize it. I've decided to do "King John's Christmas," by A.A.Milne. One of my all time favourite poems.

"King John was not a good man,
He had his little ways
And sometimes no one spoke to him
For days and days and days. 

And gentlemen who met him
while walking in the town,
Would cast a supercilious stare,
Or raise their noses in the air.
And poor King John stood humbly
Blushing beneath his crown.

I just wrote that from memory. I might have missed a word.

 I thought about reading something about Archy, a cockroach who waxes eloquently about morality. Unless the listeners know about Archy and Mehetabel they might not get it his references. I especially loved his story about meeting Clarence a ghost. I you want to know the rest of the story leave a COMMENT.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: