Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

Let's talk about aging or getting old or finding a way to navigate a hazardous world you once new like the back of your hand. But the back of your hand is wrinkled and has spots or a small cut that's taking ages to heal.

My skin is not like it was twenty years ago. I heal more slowly and have to be careful with a sharp knife or the edge of a table. Whoever thought table corners would be so wicked? All I have to do is lost my balance every so little and bump the damned corner. And the bruise!

 I could be a poster for an abused Granny.  All I'm missing are cigarette burns to look like the real thing.

But I must leave you and watch the news about the new Pope Francis. God help us all. He is seventy-six years old. An old man taking on a huge task with bits and pieces of the church fragmenting here and there.

Ordain women? Not bloody likely

In the meantime continue to buy my books. I do enjoy my little royalty cheques.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: