Friday, March 22, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Boook on AGING

Three Days since my last post about aging and I am feeling a little older and a little more tired. My son is visiting, always enjoyable and that means I am out and about more than usual and I am eating out more than usual. I think I have gained two pounds in two days.

Another of my old age symptoms, I tire more easily than I did several years ago. Aging does creep up on silent feet and suddenly I can't do two or three things in one day before feeling tired and having to sit down.

For instance, when I go downtown to shop I do a couple of things that do not require trying on clothes, for instance, and come home. If I am shopping for clothing that requires taking off either my slacks or shirts, one of those is my limit. Undressing and redressing takes more energy than I thought possible. In fact, I never gave it a thought a few years ago.

Buying shoes is fraught with peril for an aging person like me. I'm not difficult to please but shoes that feel good on my aged feet are not easy to find. I will take home a pair and they will feel okay for a week or so and then the right shoe will play hell with my hammer toe.

Hammer toes! All my life I have purchased good shoes that fitted well. Ten years ago My husband I were holidaying Tuscany and walking a lot. I noticed something misshapen on the top of my right shoe. I wore excellent walking shoes but a hammer toe developed! To this day I am quite miffed this happened to me. I had never heard of hammer toes. I gather they are quite common in older folk.

Must leave and return to the novel I am writing. It's keeping my imagination in good shape and I'm enjoying the writing process. Good for my brain too!

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

Do continue to purchase my books and enjoy good reads. Turning pages is good for your fingers and the story will take you here and there into uncharted territory.

No comments: