Saturday, March 16, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

"LIVING LONGER. . . NOT NECESSARILY BETTER."

A negative headline is eye catching. It's not for the faint of  heart or the elderly eyes reading it. There is more: "Average person lives with decade of disease:study." The article is depressing as it tells us we'll be living that last decade dealing with diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer.

It goes on about daily health care, something I truly believe in. Many years ago when I was a young sprig of sixty I got up at 6:30 every morning, summer and winter, to go for an hour long walk. I set my own pace. I walked quickly then and walk quickly now - not as quick, mind you, but a good pace for a lady in her declining years, so to speak.

Women should be taking calcium in whatever form suits them and Vitamin D. If this sounds like nagging, it is. Get up your butts and get moving as fast or as slowly as feels right for you. Keep your brain exercises by reading and thinking about what you are reading. It's a mental discipline.

Write a poem is you are so inclined. Read poetry of any kind. Doggerel is fun.
Smile and laugh when the spirit moves you. "Laughter is the best medicine."

I can't go out for my walk!!! There's a gale force wind blowing whipping up the sea into foaming waves. However, I did my ironing this morning. Does that count for exercise?

All comments are welcome One tiny comment would be more than welcome.

Have you ordered my two e-published books I mentioned yesterday? Isabelle's Diary and Isabelle's Story. Enjoy two good reads. Available at Amazon.com in Canada and the UK. Also at my publisher, Ellora's Cave Publishing

Anita
www.anitabirt.com




No comments: