Thursday, March 14, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

About aging. I'm not the woman I used to be. I went shopping this morning at the Hudson's Bay Store in Victoria. It's no longer called The Bay, but back to the historical name. Same poor service, unfortunately. Not a living soul to ask questions. "Does this fit large or small?" Sounds like a silly question but some sweaters and/or shirts are made in countries where the women are tiny. A "small' would look good on them but not on me. I'm not a large person but I will buy a "large" size depending on where the product was made.

Back to aging. I walked hither and yon in the store looking for this and that and finding what I wanted, no thanks to the staff. Are there staff in The Hudson's Bay store? If I were a shop lifter I could have made off with lots of stuff. I had a big bag with me. So easy to slide things into it. But I have a personal moral code and theft is beyond me.

That reminds me. When you have time read Archy's little dissertation on morality. He would never drop into a near sighted man's soup for a bite to eat. However, if he were starving he might have to eat or starve. Morality is never certain. If I had hungry children at home to-day I might have stolen something to sell in order to buy food.

I digress. I spent an hour shopping at the store and came home weary. As I said at the beginning I'm not the woman I used to be. So who am I?

I did write for a couple of  hours this afternoon on my mystery novel. I used to be able to write four hours at a time. Not now. Two hours is my max. I will finish my book. When?

Anita
www.anmitabirt.com


No comments: