Saturday, August 10, 2013

Anita Birt's Note book and earnest remarks

I made up the bit about "earnest remarks," because I don't have any. As I mentioned in a previous blog, unread, of course, I am at loose ends, having finished my very first mystery novel. What to do? 
A scene came into my head. A woman in a care facility of some kind had a craving for a piece of apple pie with a small chunk of aged cheddar cheese.  She  pushed a call button on the arm of her chair. An Aid dressed in white knocked on the door and entered. Aid's name is Martha.  The name of my character is Lorna Ritchie. 

The vague smile on the Aid's face is one Lorna has seen many times before. A pity for the demented patients in the facility but she dislikes the  look of disgust that she has to deal with women who are not "all there."

Lorna is certainly not demented and knows it. She is incarcerated against her will. She pushes the limits. "I want a piece of apple pie with a chunk of old cheddar cheese to go with it."

"But it's tea time, Mrs. Richie. We don't have apple pie. We have small cakes, cookies and crackers with cheese." "Crappy cheese," snaps Lorna."

This is a strange start to a story. I have no idea where it's going. I shall follow it and see what happens.

In the meantime. Continue to purchase my romance novels. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN,

 ISABELLE'S DIARY,  ISABELLE'S STORY,  RING AROUND THE MOON,

TOO YOUNG TO DIE. Sometime in the future I'll be urging you to purchase my mystery novel. Stay tuned.

Anita
My web site is in transition

No comments: