Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book and other ramblings

My publisher surprised me. My two ISABELLE stories have been combined in one book. I think it's a fabulous idea and it does work.

The historical - Isabelle's story is set in and around Llandrindod Wells in Wales. I mentioned that in my last blog. 1895 - 1900. Isabelle lives with her parents and brother. Her father makes all the family decisions, reads all the mail no matter to whom it's addressed, he makes decisions about Isabelle's future without consulting her. It's the wish of her parents that she marry but Isabelle isn't in hurry until her parents try to foist a young clergyman on her. She detests him.

She accidentally meets a titled young man visiting the town where his mother and grandmother are "taking the waters" at the Spa.  It's the beginning of a love story with tragic overtones. A page turner. A love story.

Isabelle's Diary - a contemporary romance. Sally Carter is on a walking holiday in Wales and stops in a cafe in Llandrindod Wells for a morning coffee. When she sees a young girl dressed in black weeping over the pages of a  a diary Sally is compelled to offer help. When the girl disappears Sally tries to trace her without success. But ...

There's a wonderful love story when Sally asks for help from a handsome Welsh historian.

Isabelle's Diary has twists and turns. A page turner until the last few pages when ...

Buy ISABELLE from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca. If you live in the States, my book is available in your favorite book store. My publisher does not market in Canada or the UK.  Order from my publisher, Ellora'scave.com as well.

Two great reads in one volume. What could be better?

Anita
My web site is still in transition.


No comments: