Saturday, February 22, 2014

ANITA BIRT - WEAVER OF TALES

I've just received a wonderful e-mail from a friend of mine who is visiting Kiev, Ukraine. He and his family have been robbed of their possessions and the Canadian Embassy can't issue passports quickly enough. My friends asks me to send money!!!

My friend is living right here in Victoria. I know he's not in Kiev but the scammers will try anything. Very interesting.

I have temporarily set aside my novel "Phyllis," to concentrate on "Breaking Out," it's the second volume in the Ghost Writer Series. When my book is e-published I want a second book ready to go. That means getting to work on it. It's only one quarter done so I have a lot to do.

This is the kind of weather day when I am not tempted to leave the cozy comfort of my apartment. Rain mixed with the odd flake of snow. Coastal weather is changeable. Pity the poor souls living on the street. No one goes hungry in Victoria, there are lots of places offering free meals and there are shelter beds available. Not a great way to live. No one has to die on the street unless overdosed.

This a dreary topic. Let's talk abut aging. Or is that a dreary topic? The women in my family who inherited good Scottish genes don't know when to quit. We keep going as if there's more life to come.

I am blessed because writing keeps my brain ticking over and I walk a lot. If the rain doesn't let up I shall walk the halls of the building where I live. I play Duplicate bridge here and regular bridge with my friends once a week. We played with new cards I'd purchased on Thursday evening but I swear the cards were not speaking to me. Too new. I am kind of weird about cards. I don't like throwing out an old deck. Is it just me? Any one else out there with the same kinky brain?

About writing. I'll have to discipline myself to write a certain number of pages each. With the Olympics winding now, there's nothing to tempt me away from my computer. Canada's men's hockey team plays Sweden for the gold medal tomorrow. The team beat the USA yesterday. One more Gold medal! For a country with a small population we've done well. 36,000,000 people. Not bad.

Comment for goodness sake. Remember to buy my books. "A Very Difficult Man." is a great read.

anita
www.anitabirt.com



No comments: