Sunday, February 9, 2014

ANITA BIRT, WEAVER OF TALES

Ian Brown, a feature writer,  for The Globe and Mail newspaper. wrote a piece on February  8th about turning sixty. He called it, "Facing down 60 - on Facebook."

As a very ancient subscriber to the newspaper I smiled at his efforts to find coffee which he desperately need to face SIXTY. No coffee, so he muddled along with his thoughts. I quote.

"At 60, you are suddenly looking at least to the beginning  of the end, gazing upon the final frontier where you will either find the thing your heart has always sought that you have never been able to name. or you will not."

"I keep trying to peer into the future to see how the story ends..."

I don't remember reflecting on the future as my birthdays rolled along. My latest birthday, ninety-one, leaves me smiling. Future? It doesn't bear thinking about. So I carry on doing what I've been doing for the past many years, I write fiction. Writing stories keeps my brain ticking over.

I have had five romance novels published and one fiction, called The House at Bridal Veil. My romance novels are listed on my web site. The House at Bridal Veil is out of print but you can track it down at ABE books, possibly at Amazon.com.

Writers die with a pen in their hands or fingers on the computer keyboard. Writing is like an addiction, hard to shake off, yet welcome. Ian Brown is as gifted writer he has years ahead of him to write his engaging articles and essays.

I have just finished writing my first mystery novel, The Ghost Writer Mystery. My hope it to have it e-published. I have started a sequel and another novel with an odd cast of characters. Because I have no worries about the future, I can write what I want. Stories are there waiting to be told. Where will go when I'm not here?

"I an looking at the beginning of the end..."

Anita

http//anitabirt.com

No comments: