Tuesday, February 4, 2014

ANITA BIRT - WEAVER OF TALES

Winter has come to Vancouver Island and the mainland. It's below zero Celsius  with a wind chill making it awful to be out and about. Foolishly, I had to do a few errands and ventured out. I haven't felt this cold since moving here twenty years. ago. We've been enjoying spring weather. Pity the daffodils popping up and the tiny pink flowers blossoming on the trees lining some of our streets.

I'd like to meet up with mystery writers, share our ups and downs, as we prepare to format our books and send them out into the world. When I started writing romance novels I received more than my fare share of rejections. It's part of the writing game if you are unknown, or a little bit known, but every rejection stings. Learn from them. Sure, but if the rejections come in a form letter what's to learn?

Using the Smashwords program and preparing my manuscript using their guide lines, I won't have rejections - corrections, of course, from them I can learn.

So mystery writers, nearby or far away, how are  you doing? Being published, I hope. If so, send me the good news so I can write about it and lure in readers for you.

I'd be pleased to interview you about your book or about what you're writing. Try me at, anita.birt@gmail.com

I have finished The Ghost Writer Mystery and started on a sequel to it. I've also started writing a different kind of story, have three chapters written and haven't a clue where the story is going. I'll open it up and start writing, something is bound to happen.

My romance novels,  A VERY DIFFICULT MAN, historical romance, ISABELLE'S DIARY AND ISABELLE'S STORY, available as ISABELLE. Available from your favourite book store or from  Ellora's Cave. com, my publisher. or Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.UK.

RING AROUND THE MOON, a time travel set in magical Cornwall, England. He comes from two hundred years in the past to claim my American heroine as his wife. But she is visiting Cornwall and...Lots of twists and turns in this book. And lots of loving, the best kind.

TOO YOUNG TO DIE - A young nanny caring for a three month old baby boy is threatened with death by thugs invading the home seeking the child's parents. My brave heroine escapes at midnight into the Cascade forest in Washington where cougars, bears and bad men prowl. A page turner. Read the review on my web site. www.anitabirt.com

Anita


No comments: