Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ANTA BIRT - WEAVER OF TALES

"Oh, sweet mystery of life at last I've found you..." Not Nelson Eddy singing to Jeanette MacDonald - although their singing was quite lovely - only older people will remember. To continue my discussion about mystery in my blog yesterday, I turn to a practical matter.

Solving the mystery of opening "Johnson's  baby powder," large size.The top is sealed with plastic, round and round the top and right down to the edge. I have handy little kitchen gadget with a sharp cutting edge. It took my FIVE minutes to get the damned plastic off. Then, there was a paper stuck over the opening. Sigh! It would not peel off so I had to scrape at it until I got most of it off.

Next mystery.  Tylenol. 100 caplets. Extra strength. To open  "line up" the lid arrow with the one on the top of the container. I tried and tried. I twisted and turned. I gave up, stuck a pointed knife under the lid and forced it off.

I know safety is a huge concern for Tylenol but is there an easier way rather than lining up little arrows? Some time ago I purchased one with a screw top and keep it on hand to fill it with my new purchase.

Change of subject. For my birthday my son purchased a card, simply made or so it seemed, with red flowers and a humming bird on the front. On the inside was this:

 "Legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, carrying our hopes for love, joy and celebration . The hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation."

 "laughter is life's sweetest creation." Spread the word. Smile at the next person you meet.

Back to work and on to the sequel to "the Ghost Writer Mystery or to the three chapters of another story I've written. It's an enigma waiting for me. I'd better go and see what happens.

Please have a look at my web site: www.anitabirt.com. Read reviews of my books and buy one or two.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com



No comments: